There is something about Natalie Massenet. She is a different type of women, one that inspires and challenges you. So here are some of her life lessons, they might just give you an edge!
- People think success looks like a direct line but actually it’s a very wiggly line.
- There is no recipe for success – it is as unique as you are.
- The harder you work, the luckier you get.
- Why be like everybody else? Try to be like yourself.
- You only get one chance to make a first impression.
- Make yourself indispensable.
- Follow your instincts: I was told by a very respected American buyer that my first idea – to launch a range of luxury scented candles – would never work because nobody would ever spend more than a dollar on a candle. My other idea was a coffee bar chain. Eventually I realised I had to go with my instincts.
- Why walk when you can run.
- Everything has to start somewhere and usually it’s small.
- Sometimes it’s easier to get something big if you divide it into small amounts – I started by calling 30 people and asking them for £10,000 each.
- As long as you put your consumer first there is no tension.
- There is no “I” in team.
- Don’t be afraid of what’s on the other side of the mountain.
- Sometimes the plan you have for yourself doesn’t always turn out to be the plan.
- Plan the best you can and then jump in and go for it. Adapt as you go. That’s how progress happens.
- When you visualise something with self-belief the universe conspires to help you – you still have to work hard but it can happen.
- Be nice to everyone because you will come across them again.
- The only limits are the ones we put on ourselves.
- Once you start a business you have to grow it and grow with it.
Natalie Massenet’s Essential Reads:
- Creative Visualisation
- The Popcorn Report